(This is a work in progress and may be subject to change overtime. The lore may have been altered with a bit to adjust to how the channel was made.)
UPDATE 02/22/11: THE CHAMPIONS RP CHANNEL IS NOW INVITE ONLY. PLEASE CONTACT ONE OF THE MODERATORS IN-GAME FOR AN INVITATION.
1) The official name for the hero channel is: "Champions Response & Protection"
2) In 2009 the CRP network was created by Azunai in an effort to help the Champions as well as many other metahumans to coordinate attacks against the Qulaar during the Qulaar invasion. Since the invasion, the channel has been turned into a social hub for other users, in case another invasion or other major disaster occurs, but most of all for heroes to help one another in dealing with crimes around the city and other parts of the world. Azunai usually doesn't credit in development of the frequency.
3) The channel is moderated by UNTIL, PRIMUS, local authorities, and sometimes the Champions to keep an eye on some people who may have joined the channel and are considered to be possible threats such as the anti-hero, anti-villain and ex-villain types. Mention of illegal activities over the frequency is much the same as informing the police of their activities, and should they do so, law enforcement and channel Operators are obligated to remove a user's channel access while other punishment may be carried out such as apprehension.
4) Most users that wish to obtain a communication device may obtain one from UNTIL, PRIMUS, or the Millennium City Police Department (MCPD). The only possible way a user may obtain a device is through one of the mentioned affiliations. Users will not be able to find communication devices left unattended in gutters or other areas. Metahumans and other users are not required to be registered under the American Superhuman and Paranormal Registeration Act (ASPRA), though they are urged to register under the Act in an effort to help maintain security.
1) Villain characters will no longer be able to access the CRP communication network. Due to repeated disturbances, security for the comm system has been upgraded to prevent any further hi-jacking. Players are now required to contact CRP Moderation Staff prior to initiating any kind of hijacking or having a villain character on the communicator. The list of CRP Moderation Staff can be found in the second post.
1) Communicators are given by members of Law Enforcement agencies. They will not be found in Chinatown or sitting in a ditch.
2) As an addendum to point #1, special provisions can be made, but please contact one of the CRP Mods if this is the case. Since we'll be inviting you, we can figure it out right then and there.
3) There are different types of communication devices that a user may receive after speaking to either UNTIL personel or MCPD authorities.
- A) The first type of device is generic ear piece that connects its user to the channel. This type of device is for those that don’t care about knowing who they might be talking to over the line, but also don’t want to hassle with any other piece of technology.
- B) The second type of device is a wrist communicator/ear piece combo. The ear piece works just like how it’s supposed to, but the wrist device has an LCD display to show who is currently speaking over the channel.
- C) The third type is for those that wear power armor that shows a HUD, but also others that are more robotic. The HUD is synched to the channel to be allowed access to see speech to text, but also able to see who is currently speaking.
- D) (New!) A fourth type of communication device that has been introduced by Azunai may also be obtained. The new communication devices are the size of a microchip and are implanted behind a user's ear. This ensures maximum safety for the device as it is protected under the user's skin and is quite difficult to damage. It is also impervious against Electro-Magnetic Pulse weaponry, and has an increased range than older device models. When a hero decides to accept this form of device, implantation of the microchip is quick and painless. Special "injectors" scan the surface area of a user's skin and calculates the thickness that it needs to penetrate. Shortly after, the device essentially causes the microchip to "phase" through the skin so it may be properly equipped. Removal of the microchip is also quick and painless, should a user decide to have one uninstalled.
A user may choose to obtain any type of device they feel would be more comfortable. For a fee, they may also obtain more than one device after obtaining their initial device. However, devices are tied to a user's moniker and should another user borrow--or possibly have their device stolen, will report over the frequency under the registered user's name. Stolen devices will be tracked and access to the network will be revoked.
1) The R&P Channel is now instituting rules about noise pollution on the channel. All individuals who allow an abundance of excess noise over the channel such as weapons fire, music, or other disruptive sounds will be subject to moderation by the Channel's operators.
1) If your name is NOT on the list of Moderators you may NOT roleplay an Operator of the CRP channel without the EXPLICIT permission of one of the Staff. Backseat moderating just leads to more trouble, folks.
1) Individuals joining the CRP frequency are required to go through orientation when obtaining a new comm device. Each person will be explained the basics of a comm device (how to work the comm, how to turn it on/off, adjust volume, etc.), channel etiquette (individuals are told to be respectful of other users and to not get into arguments with others over the frequency), and finally the dos and don'ts (such as keeping certain techniques involving killing or torture under wraps and off the frequency, murder of other species and mystical creatures should not be discussed on the channel, debates over magic vs. science being kept at a minimum as both are viable options for individuals to use). An individual may not receive a comm device if they do not go through orientation.