Notify Message
Forums
ThreadsAuthorPostsViewsLast Post
1 2 3 4
Champions Lore

[Pinned] Player Made Heroes, Villians & Organizations

This is for NPC heroes and villains. Names that one may have heard in passing, on the news, in someones backstory, or is now deceased. Please use the following skeletons and they will be added to the main list.HERO/VILLAINNAMETrue Identity:Gende...
Small Scarlet 13y
Scarlet6348507Member avatar small D8A-Dude 4y
1 2 3
Champions Lore

[Pinned] CO Lore Primer (Updated 3/19/17)

Go here:https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzHmfdC4jXPpVmxGd1ZxcHVfbFk/view?usp=sharing
Small Thundrax 11y
Thundrax5145837Member avatar small Malanchai 5y
1 2 3 5
Champions Lore

[Pinned] Player Made Places & Things

Landmarks, cities, bases - post it all here using the following skeleton.NAMELocation:Brief Description:Remember to keep it BRIEF! Just a few lines, please.
Small Scarlet 13y
Scarlet8852018Member avatar small Cabraxusb 5y
Champions Lore

[Pinned] The Champions Lore Links

So, the CORP forums has a whole heap of threads about the Champions lore, posted by helpful folks out to give a hand to fellow RPers. But, alas, like any forum, these threads often get lost to the passages of time. So! This thread is designed to b...
Small Sprawler 10y
Sprawler66599Small Sprawler 10y
Champions Lore

[Pinned] Official Heroes, Villians & Organizations

A list of official heroes, villians & organizations in the Champions Universe. (source)AACI: Advanced Concepts Industries, one of the largest corporations in the world, run by unscrupulous businessman Franklin Stone. All-American, the: Patrio...
Small Scarlet 13y
Scarlet13864Small Scarlet 13y
Champions Lore

[Pinned] Official Places & Things

A list of places in the Champions Universe. (source)---Agharti: A city of evil martial arts masters and teachers located several miles below Mt. Everest. Arcadia: The secret city of the Empyreans, located in Antarctica. Atlantis: The fabled under...
Small Scarlet 13y
Scarlet12688Small Scarlet 13y
Champions Lore

Government Super-Soldier Projects

Ever since the origin of Captain America during the Golden Age of comics, the concept of government-funded projects researching the creation of superhumans has been a feature of comic-book worlds. Understandably, the military and intelligence serv...
Small Lord Liaden 1y
Lord Liaden21057Small Bloodywolfie161 1y
Champions Lore

Lore Inquiry: Dweomer? who's that?

One of my characters by the name of Natalia Kromstock(a moon spirit possessed human, technically half fae) uses Dweomer as her mystic consultant so.. the roadblock I've come into is that from what I can see, he is sparsely detailed in the books I ...
Small Bloodywolfie161 1y
Bloodywolfie16141095Small Lord Liaden 1y
1 2 3
Champions Lore

Champions Universe: Unique Character Origins

The Champions Universe, being inspired by the major mainstream comics companies, embraces the full range of classic super character origins you see in those comics: mutagenic accidents, genetic mutation, radical scientific inventions, mystic marti...
Small Lord Liaden 8y
Lord Liaden6039526Small Lord Liaden 1y
Champions Lore

Our Timeline has Diverged

Per the published Champions Universe timeline, 2020 was to have been the beginning of the end of the Age of Superhumans. In that year, invasion of the Earth by the epic transdimensional conqueror, Tyrannon, led to the diminishing of "ambient magic...
Small Lord Liaden 1y
Lord Liaden1658Small Lord Liaden 1y
Champions Lore

Santa Claus/Father Christmas

A repost of a question/thread started by "kaosarcanna" on the main Champions Online forums, due to seasonal relevance. 🎅 My response to it follows.Does the PNP cover Santa? Or Krampus?The game books don't specifically address Santa Claus's place i...
Small Lord Liaden 1y
Lord Liaden41191Small Deathless Lord 1y
Champions Lore

Lore Inquiry:Heroic Machines, where art thou?

I recently made a Mechanon A.I. defector by the name of Lokinis Alpha and it made me wonder, are they are more robotic superheroes in lore. I don't expect much but still would be cool to know.
Small Bloodywolfie161 1y
Bloodywolfie16171710Small Lord Liaden 1y
Champions Lore

The Alien Thread

No, that title isn't a typo. 😉 I see many CO players running alien PCs, but most of these are either some variation of Qularr or Gadroon, or else completely original species of their own creation. This is natural and understandable for players wh...
Small Lord Liaden 6y
Lord Liaden3421308Small Lord Liaden 2y
Champions Lore

Guamanga, PSI, Menton, oh my....

We're approaching the Defender's National Training Program week of anniversary in all likelihood, so I've been playing out plans for a new Champion - and really, at this point the only niche I've not done to satisfaction is a Crowd COntrol type, s...
Member avatar small Manhunter 2y
Manhunter133066Member avatar small Manhunter 2y
Champions Lore

Witchery, Weaponry, and Medieval Superhumans?

So, since Cryptic continues to hate Melee in all its forms beside tanking....I've been working on a new character, who has a concept more than solid lore and identity yet, playing looselywith what I already know and the effect of the powerset - Ra...
Manhunter247120Small Lord Liaden 2y
Champions Lore

Tezcatlipoca's Mirror- a question

Hi Liaden,I'm hoping you could help me out, I have an intrest in Tezcatlipoca, the Mayan war god, and his magic mirror. I know in the champs universe he's more evil then good, and rampaged around New Mexico some in one of the books. Does he ha...
Small Deathless Lord 2y
Deathless Lord62075Small Deathless Lord 2y
Champions Lore

Western Heroes (Old and New)

Here's a little seed for discussion - Western heroes. A classic part of comic lore, from Carter Slade, to Lady Rawhide, etc.I know Burnside is one huge shout-out to Deadlands and I suspect none of the characters have any real base in the lore (tho...
Manhunter72395Small Lord Liaden 2y
Champions Lore

Super Metals, Elements, and Materials

In response to another question on the main Champions Online forums, I did a rundown of things falling under the heading above that are unique to the Champions Universe. Since these things have plot and character potential, there's no reason not t...
Small Lord Liaden 2y
Lord Liaden52292Small Lord Liaden 2y
Champions Lore

Time Travel?

I know Captain Chronos is a thing (but no more than that), and that Mechanon resulted from an ill-advised attempt at changing the past, but beyond those two points (and the fact our Anniversary host this year seems to be connected somehow)... In s...
Member avatar small Manhunter 3y
Manhunter103418Small Lord Liaden 2y
Champions Lore

Measuring Strength

The sepulchral silence around here has gotten pretty depressing. 😞 OTOH there's been a fair amount of activity on the main Champions Online forums, including inquiries about my specialty, Champs lore. I decided I want to try to jump-start discuss...
Small Lord Liaden 2y
Lord Liaden61806Small Lord Liaden 2y